Thursday, August 8, 2013

More Travels

We have been very busy this Summer so far. The weather has been either extremely hot and unbearable or raining day after day. Nothing beats African weather! I guess, when you live so far North in the U.S, there will be such extremes of temperature. I am just grateful that it is warm and no snow for now!

We spent time with friends in Stamford and Old Greenwich, which is about 20 minutes from New York city, about 4 hours from where we live. Murray had a squash camp and Duncan and Luke managed to get to the beach but they pretty much swam all day as it was scorching. 

We went blueberry picking at a farm  - well, let me re-phrase that - I was the camera 'man' and all the boys went blue berry picking. I watched and took all the photos! This was on the way to a place called Sodus, about 2 hours away from us. We were meeting some ex-South African friends there.








 After a hard mornings work! Yummy Berries!!!



 On the way back and then into the car to the lake!


 Elephant Garlic!

 Putting up the tent and getting our camp site ready. It is great to have boys!!






 Fishermen taking a break!



 Murray boiling water for early morning tea!

 The boys fishing from the pier and the girls were canoeing. I wonder who worked the hardest?

 Having a game of cards with our friends. Where am I? Oh, yes, I am the camera 'man!'

 We have been praying for our country (Zimbabwe) as we have all by now received the results of our election. We need to continue to trust in eternal things as we do not know what is happening on this earth.
  
During this time, I have had to remind myself that God is my El Elyon, the Most High, the sovereign ruler over ALL the universe. That means nothing happens without His permission as He is the MOST HIGH. He has authority over ALL things and He is in control over all that happens.


Sometimes it “seems” that evil and Satan are winning on earth but God is allowing calamity, good and bad situations - He is working His good plan, and using the ‘seemingly’ bad things to bring His plan to pass. We need to just trust in what He is doing – actually, I want to re-word that – we need to trust in WHO he is as we will not understand what He is doing!! We need to “Look to Jesus and look to really knowing WHO God is” – as He restores/resets/rewires our thinking so that we can accurately SEE HIM, then we will not be too overly concerned about WHAT is going on but we will be more concerned about serving and glorifying Christ (because we see Him above the circumstances)!


We do not understand the WHAT (He is doing or allowing man to do) and the WHY (He is doing and allowing man to do) but we can sure understand more about the WHO - as we spend time in His word, in His presence, understanding more about WHO we serve!


Hab 3: 17-19 “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savoir. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.”



No comments:

Post a Comment